Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Whales, Whales, Whales!!!!!

I could be talking about myself and the rest of my crew after our Turkey Day feast, but happily I am not! Although it would be a different story if we ate like that more than once a year....

My Dad and I went Whale watching on Friday. What an incredible trip and this time I do have pictures. Now my Dad and I would have been thrilled just to spend a day together on the water, even if we had seen nothing. Luckily we got to have the quality time and an amazing opportunity to observe the wonders of our Monterey Bay.


Here are the seafarers...


Here are some Humpback whales....



Here is the blowhole of a Humpback whale. It doesn't smell the greatest, but we'll forgive that!



Here is the tail of a Humpback whale...



Here is an Orca or Killer Whale. Never let it be said I don't educate my readers.... Fun Fact... The Orca is not really a whale at all, it is the largest of the dolphins.... Kind of makes you rethink all that cute "Flipper" stuff huh?
Needless to say. We had a blast. We actually saw a Blue Shark and some more Orca's including a Mother and Calf, but my little camera and limited skills were not up to the task to share those with you. Come on out and visit and we'll show you!

2 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Love the pictures. Wish that we would have gone with you. My time is running out and it's killing me. Ugh!

Granny said...

You're absolutely living the Discovery Channel live. What a great Dad/Daughter adventure. Love you, Regina