Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

We hope everyone had as wonderful a Turkey Day as we did!

The reason for my recent (and uncharacteristic) silence is my parents' visit for Thanksgiving. They got here early on Tuesday and we haven't stopped going, or eating yet....

We just returned from the Cannery Row tree lighting and the arrival of the Big Guy in Red (on a Harley by the way). He came right by and said hello. M was thrilled. L's immediate response to his greeting, I quote....

"I don't like Christmas!"

I think the long beard was a bit over the top for one little bug.

I am going to cut this short to get back to the festivities. There's Wii bowling to be done!

I am including a couple of pics from our trip to Big Sur last week and will resume my usual mouthiness after Tuesday when sadly, my folks must return home!

It's always a gorgeous view, even with the frequent fog....



M rolled down her window to "feel the fog"


This pic is allegedly here to show off the moving fog, really it's just an opportunity to show off our new love, the behemoth....

2 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Glad to have you back blogging... missed ya.

Thanks for letting us barge in on you yesterday.

blunoz said...

I love that drive down the coast. Whenever we had family come to visit us in Monterey, we'd usually make a day trip down to Hearst Castle. We'd stop at that restaurant in Big Sur - I think it was called Nepenthe. It's like 500 feet up on the side of the cliff overlooking the coastline. Food there was good, but expensive (you paid for the view I think). We'd also stop to see the elephant seals along the beach just a little ways north of Hearst Castle. Anyway... Thanks for triggering the happy Monterey memories with your pictures.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time with your family!