Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Odds and Ends....

I am going to blame my current scatterbrainedness (is that a word?) on the time change. It seems I am having a bunch of senior moments all strung together and we all know I am MUCH too young for that. Last night was my monthly Bunko with my MOPS group. That's always fun. It's a little stressful though, when you totally forget all about it until 4pm and you don't get out of gymnastics until 4:45 and then still have to cook your family dinner, tell your wonderful husband he will be in charge of bedtime, and prep and cook your food contribution for the Bunko. Never mind locating and wrapping a wonderful white elephant gift. Believe it or not Speedy Gonzalez here got it all done. Flank steak cooked and served (everyone serves that with canned baked beans and thrown together salad, right?) Beer bread baked and Spinach and Dill dip prepped and placed on platter to take. Two freebie t-shirts from KidsFest wrapped and the white elephant will be really stylin'.

The only problem.... I signed up to bring drinks, and it was on the evite reminder I never got around to reading. So old speedy here could have taken a 2liter of Diet Coke and a stack of Solo cups and called it a day. Sometimes I am just so darn on the ball I scare myself!


The real joy of it all is that today was my actual MOPS meeting and I really was signed up to bring an egg dish and a dessert. SO at 6:30 this morning I was up and cooking again. Darn happy about it too, I might add. The breakfast casserole and chocolate fudge were both successes. I rushed home and ate leftover beer bread and dill dip. C looked at me like I was crazy knowing I had just come from a potluck. When I mentioned I had been too busy talking to actually eat, he laughed, out loud! Go figure.


On the kiddo front, M went to her first sleepover at a friend's house this weekend. Her best buddy from school, E, invited her to go to The Bee Movie, paint fingers and toes, make window art, and sleepover. This is the exact itinerary I was given. E and her lovely mom K ( my best buddy here coincidentally) picked her up at 1pm Saturday afternoon. Being the wonderful presumptuous friend that I am, I asked if they would like to keep L for a couple of hours in the evening so C and I could go to dinner with some of his classmates to celebrate a promotion. Who could say no to the LBug? Probably anyone who has spent much time with the demanding little bugger.... But not K, she said yes, and we jumped on it and ran. When we returned from dinner to get the Bug, we found four very happy girls in one full bathtub. Apparently K said something to her girls about bath time and mine were also naked in 3 minutes flat. How's that for friendship? They not only watch and feed our kids, they bathe them too. We are really sad that they are moving back East in December. We will have to go back to caring for our own children. Once everyone was again fully dressed, we were extended the invite to stay and get our Wii on... Never ones to turn down an invitation or challenge we were all too happy to stay a while. M's only concern was whether she still got to sleep over. Once the horrible thought of going home was dispelled a great time was had by all. The ladies ruled in bowling. Tennis is still NOT my game. Apparently tennis just requires a lot more finesse than softball. Brute strength I can handle, finesse, not so much. We didn't leave until 10:30 and only then to put the Bug to bed. Apparently with the time change, the girls had K back up at 5:30 am. It's GOOD to have friends, we slept until 8. Sorry K and Big E.

On that note of GOOD friends, K is also a great photographer with a wonderful camera. She took us to Asilomar one Sunday and took some great pictures. I will only be showing you a tiny tease because we have already ordered our Christmas cards from these shots.

The best thing about the military is all of the great people we meet, the worst part is constantly saying "See you later!" I absolutely don't do the G***bye word, ever!

These two are going to be really sad... but not today....






Happily for me K shares my love of pics shot from the back. There is nothing cuter than this.

It takes a patient photographer to work with us..... E is the director for this shot!

2 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

I love, love, love it. I absolutely HATE that we are going to have to leave you guys. Darn you timing!! We LOVE your kids and will take them anytime, anywhere. Plus, you have had ours for more than your fair share.

Granny said...

Gramps and I and everyone we see are enjoying the great photos. Your photographer beats the dickens out of the one we had for our beach pictures. Great friends for a small window of time are far better than mediocre friends for a lifetime. Would M recommend the Bee Movie. This childish Granny is dying to see it. Hugs and Kisses