Saturday, December 1, 2007

Monterey's Finest....

One of the things I have found most surprising and interesting about our latest home is the population of California Sea Lions that live here. These guys pop up everywhere along the coast here and are incredibly entertaining. They are quite mouthy barkers and we often hear them at home in the evenings. I have heard frequent warnings that they can be unpredictable and less than friendly toward humans.... As you can tell from the following pictures, I have taken this warning to heart.... kind of.


This guy looks too sweet to mind if I hang over top of him to snap his pic while he snoozes...


I nicknamed him Snaggletooth.... Handsome devil isn't he?

This is the local US Coast Guard Pier. It's obviously misnamed because you can tell who it really belongs to...

This is the best action shot I could get the day Dad and I went whale watching. Captain Noel guessed we were among about 200 sea lions. They didn't seem to mind.

1 comment:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Great pictures! You don't need a better camera, this one works just fine.