Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ghosts of Christmas Past....

I love Christmas.

I love Advent Calendars, Santa Claus, Nativity scenes, Inflatable Rudolphs, Carols, The Grinch, etc., etc., etc.

You get the picture. If it's red and green, I love it. I am a Griswold (Christmas Vacation anyone?) when it comes to Christmas. The rest of the year, I try to maintain at least a smidgen of decorum... Not at Christmas! In my opinion, it cannot be overdone. I spent $37.00 at the Dollar Tree today. That means 35 more absolutely necessary Christmas items.

Generally, we try to return to KY at least every other year. The adage is true. There is no place like home for the holidays. However, we quickly learned that the USAF would give us a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the holidays in style at each new "home".

I thought I would share a couple of samples of some of our past Christmas moments.

This was a Christmas village sand sculpture at the mall near our house in Florida. I was pregnant with M. These were our first USAF friends.


This was Christmas on The Riverwalk, You can't tell from this shot but Texas really does do everything BIG. They use over a million lights to illuminate the river. Hopefully you can tell that again, I am pregnant. This time with L.

In OK City, Santa arrives on a wagon driven by extremely rare black Clydesdales.

Last year we took a trip to Disney World to celebrate the season. M would have waited all day for this....

Epcot knows how to decorate a tree.....

MGM was my fave. We went at night to see the city streets sync'd up to Mannheim Steamroller music. It was amazing!

Here's hoping you all are enjoying the season as much as we do!

1 comment:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Loving the Christmas photos! We love Christmas as much as you and are hating that we are in the middle of moving so we can't partake in decorating fun. And why is it that you are always pregnant at Christmas? K