Saturday, September 22, 2007

Plans, Shmans...

Welcome Home R!!! I have just been waiting for an opportunity to use the pic of you and C, the Barbie Pole and the whoppers you caught.... What better opportunity?






In honor of our happiness that our dear friend R returned safely to OK yesterday after four months in a lovely, scenic corner of the Caribbean, I got the bee in my bonnet to organize and arrange our front patio to accommodate our fire pit. You see our two families spent many an hour around that fire pit in our two years in OK. Songs were sung (badly), stories were told (and retold after a couple of refreshments), plans were made. R even had his very own designated "fire stick". Truth be told, he has a little pyro in him. That stick was one of the very last things I disposed of as we cleared our patio to pass our out inspection. I actually laughed and was a little sad at the same time.


So, last night was to be our first fire at the new home. We cleaned the patio, collected kindling, bought firewood (and refreshments, of course), and we were set (sorely missing our partners in crime, of course). The kids were bathed and tucked in bed and guess what? The very first rain we have seen, since we arrived on July 30, began to come crashing down. Wouldn't you know it? I must admit, it was nice to listen to the rain through the open windows all night. It's a much more peaceful sleep accompaniment than the slamming of the garbage cans by voracious raccoons. I was actually excited for the rain until C mentioned the notorious CA mud slides.... You see our luxurious purple townhouse (still can't believe my home is lavender) is nestled right into the side of a hill. Directly above us (straight up) is another row of townhouses... Needless to say, we will be watching all future flooding situations closely. I guess this is another reason to justify our purchase of the Armada. If need be, we can use it as our ark. C already called it our new mobile home. (Private note to Scott and Delight, you knew it was just a matter of time....)


Since our fire plans were rain-delayed, we were forced to move inside to have another rousing Wii challenge. I don't think I will ever physically bowl with a real ball again. It would be crushing to score less than 190. Cyber bowling is the way to go. Sadly, cyber golf doesn't improve my handicap at all, and let's just say that former softball players should stay away from all forms of tennis...


A couple of pics of M doing some Wii bowling the other evening. That's my girl, check out that form!



Another unrelated pic, but check out the cool chick in the shades...LOL

1 comment:

One Crazy Adventure said...

I don't know how I missed this post since I check my friends' blogs at least 5 times a day. Yes, I have problems.

Wii will have to get the girls bowling together. E has banned me from playing tennis with him since I physically hit him last time we played. Oops. I know why safety straps are strongly recommended.