Sunday, September 2, 2007

"Labor" Day...

Hello again.

We have had another lovely couple of non-laboring days... Nothing really earth-shattering has happened here, so I will just share a couple of random things.

Friday night we went to the beach after dinner. M was wishing to check in on the plight of the sand dollars. Happily I can report that a few more lucky dollars were returned to the sea. We even got C in on the search and rescue mission this time. The water was beautiful. We were treated to a real show of acrobatics by a few dolphins. I don't know who was more excited, M or me, to see them jumping through the wakes. They were completely clearing the water. Of course, I was not fast enough with my tiny digital camera to catch any pics. I am afraid, that all of the incredible photo ops here already have me pining for a new camera. You know one of those "cheapies" with the telephoto lens... Dear Santa... Oh yes, back to the beach, I know those of you sweltering in OK and KY won't believe this, but we eventually left because we were freezing.



It has actually been pretty warm here the last few days. It has made it over 80 which is hot here on the coast. We are always at least 10 degrees cooler than they are inland. NO ONE here has AC. It is just not done. I had to laugh at the school the other day when another mom said this humidity is killing me... It was all I could do not to snort. Obviously, these folks have never been to San Antonio, Louisville, Atlanta...

Yesterday was C's volunteer day at Pebble Beach. His armband identified him as "environmental services" you read "trash bag collector". Apparently though, he was actually not at the bottom tier. That honor belonged to those with "ecology" on their bands. You guessed it...they had the port-o-potties. All jokes aside, you know it is a seriously upscale place when volunteers replacing garbage bags to raise money for the elementary school are required to wear collared shirts and dockers. He did mention they had the best popsicles ever !?! The exact quote was "it's like a smoothie on a stick". I have to admit in 10 years I have never seen the man eat a popsicle or a smoothie for that matter. You learn something new everyday. Those of you who know me well, already know I will spend the next few weeks on a popsicle quest. When C actually comments on how good something is, I kick into overdrive to replicate it. This is not to say that he is hard to please. It's just that in all matters food-related, he has been spoiled all of his life by Mama P and his mom R. I believe I can count on one hand the number of times he has really been impressed with anyone else's cooking. Luckily my Mom is also a culinary master and passed along just enough skill to me to suffice! Back to Pebble Beach, he was very impressed with the junior female entrant from KY. He said her drive was phenomenal! Go Girl!






So, if you want to play here when you visit us, and you don't mind mortgaging your house and selling your plasma to cover your greens fees... C can drive your cart and give you a personal tour. He will have to be your caddy though, as we do not have a house to sell.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments: