Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time Flies...

Wow, who would have thought that sending my husband and daughter back to school this week could have made me more busy?

I have no idea where the time is going, but it seems that the days are flying by. M started back on Wednesday to find two new girls in her class. This was a welcome sight as she is still in mourning over her best buddy moving over Christmas, not to mention her beloved Madison being all the way in Virginia. I can hardly wait for the first time we have to leave a boyfriend behind somewhere.... If it's this hard to say goodbye in kindergarten, the high school years may be the bane of my existence. As if that weren't already going to be true since we will have seven straight years of at least one daughter in high school! I can't blame her though, I am still feeling the sting of leaving behind, or being left by all my closest pals too.

Luckily, she has found a great new buddy in the daughter of one of C's classmates. His family arrived to join him here right before the holidays and I believe we are all going to have some good times. They like Wii, wine and chaos. These are our kind of people.

The girls were playing dress up on Saturday with M's new makeup from Christmas. They started out making themselves quite elegant and beautiful and suddenly it morphed into this....
I think they are quite ready to shoot a horror flick.... I was just waiting for heads to start spinning...

I feel the need to show you the girls after I used half a bottle of Clinique makeup remover on their faces....They were greasy, but beautiful once again.


They look so harmless here, hard to believe it's the same girls. Lizzy was looking for an excuse to sleep on my bed, so she appointed herself guardian....

On a more pleasant note, M has beat her first video game. I am certain her Dad has never been more proud. She purchased the Wii Disney Princess game with a gift card two days after Christmas. After quite a few hours of devotion and a small amount of assistance from Dad and oddly enough, even Mom, she has conquered and become a princess.
Here are some shots of her efforts.
Look at that concentration...



Sometimes you just gotta get comfortable...




So as not to be accused of favoritism, here are some shots of L when I was playing with my new camera. I should be a master in approximately 10 years. Nothing like a new technological toy to make you feel quite mentally challenged.

I think this was L's expression when the big girls were doing their Exorcist impersonations....

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll try not to be a stranger....

1 comment:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Great shots! Can't wait for more.

The first picture is quite scary... thanks for providing the after shots. Glad that M has found a new bud. We need to work on that here.

Congrats to M for becoming a princess... we always knew she was.

And I swear L's face has changed already. Ugh.