Monday, January 14, 2008

Festivus, for the Rest of Us....

Not sure if I spelled it right, but the title for you non-sitcom fans out there is a shout out to an old and oft-quoted Seinfeld episode.


Since we are now over a week past the Epiphany we can't really call it Christmas anymore but the gifts just keep coming at our house.


Princess M's most recent favorite is yet another poodle. Who's shocked? This one is pink and is a Webkinz, and it is a gift from the most awesome people in M's world: Madison and Austin. The sun rose and set in these guys for two whole years, and that shows no sign of changing, ever. Seeing as my first best friend at age six is still one of my most favorite people on the planet (Hello, KB! Sorry, I'm even worse at real contact than I am at updating the blog...) I feel quite certain that these two folks will always be at the top of her list. Mom's too for that matter.

Anyway, the Webkinz' name is Marigold and Mom and M will now be spending a lot of time on the computer reaching out to our other friends in Webkinz World (from now on to be referred to as WW as I believe we will be mentioning it a lot.) In the interest of full disclosure, I am already somewhat addicted to one of the arcade games in WW. C had to pull me off the computer last night to put the girls to bed. Usually I am the one doing the "Yippeee, it's bedtime dance" a full half hour before absolutely necessary. Don't get me wrong I treasure every minute with my girls. I also treasure quiet and relative sanity.


Here is M with Marigold, and her custom made crown. Also note the new jammies that could in no way wait to be pre-washed before they were worn....




C, like me is receiving the bulk of his gifts post holiday because also like me, no one likes to shop for him. All he ever really wants are more instruments and their accompanying gadgets. Like all musicians, he scoffs at the idea of someone else picking them out. Now that he has moved back out of the garage and into the house, largely because we no longer have a garage, he chose to update his recording equipment. The ability to record again, in no less than 16 tracks, forced us to also need a new bass guitar, because the old one is damaged, not fixable, and no longer of anything other than aesthetic value (thanks, younger bro J). I have been assured we are continuing to move it because it will one day be very cool as mounted artwork on the wall of his future music room. That would be the one we will have when we again live in over 1200 square feet. So even though, he still complains about the few times he was forced to play bass live as opposed to "real" guitar, he is the proud owner of a rockin' new one.


Here is a shot of the test drive...

and yes, for those of you who can recognize these things, this pic was cropped because his ensemble included "Tarheel blue" shorts and I just couldn't have that outfit on my blog!

and the new recorder......

This last pic is totally unrelated, but as I was snapping the other two with their new gifts, using my new gift, L streaked into the room. She is obviously not a fan of the flash as she blinked and then yelled at me. Upon looking at the pic though, I decided to keep it just to show off those darn eyelashes. Now if she'll just get her Dad's hips too, she'll be knockin' em dead.

3 comments:

slightly irregular said...

Love the crown. Hope ya'll have as much fun with it as we do. Maybe we can meet in the arcade after the kids are in bed. C looked way cool but were are the leather pants?

One Crazy Adventure said...

e can't stop talking about 'ploodles' because M loves them so much. Love the lashes. Both our girls were cursed with my dinky lashes... poor girls.

blunoz said...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I, too, have been addicted to the games on Webkinz. I love that game with the milk bottles! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), by the time our boys go to bed here in Hawaii and I try to log onto their Webkinz account to play, the Webkinz website shuts down for the night for maintenance, so I can't play. I guess they think all the kids are asleep - at least they're asleep in CONUS anyway.

We loved living in Monterey, but we sure DON'T miss the 1200 square foot houses.