Friday, January 18, 2008

California Conundrum...

I just can't get used to this California weather.



Two weeks ago I told you about our "Winter Storm 2008". It's still being discussed daily in the editorial pages here because a few "poor" souls who live in Carmel By The Sea (otherwise known as the high rent district) were without power for over five days.... Seriously, these folks live in "cottages" that start at about $1million. I really found it difficult to muster up much sympathy. Anyway, you may remember the "storm" gave us about 4 inches of rain, some gusts of wind up to 65mph, and temperatures firmly in the.... 50's. Not really blizzard conditions, but extreme for here just the same.



Now, the mornings here along the coast ARE doggone cold. When L and I head out on our morning walk, she is attired like this.....
or this....

or often this....




However, by mid afternoon most days, the temps are at least in the 60's. That, I can get used to. With C's class schedule this quarter, I can walk to school to pick up M in the afternoons, to be able to do so in the middle of January wearing flip flops and short sleeves is not too rough. Wednesday, when I took M to ballet in Carmel I decided to take some pictures to show you the scenery along my walking route.



For those of you in KY and places further north, it may be a few months before you see this again....I hope they can brighten your day!


4 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you are putting the camera to good use.

And, it looks like L might take after her rock star dad.

williams family said...

seeing these pictures really makes me miss home and i dont say that often because I dont miss the rude people and lots of traffic but when I see those pictures and the 60 degree temps it really makes me miss it anyway have a wonderful weekend :)

Elizabeth said...

It's 50s temperate here, but gray and rainy, with no flowers. Trade ya.

One Crazy Adventure said...

You figured out how to get the picture on there!! Beautiful! You must have had a great photographer. ;) Just great subjects... and who could go wrong with that location?