Monday, October 1, 2007

Just a quick note...

It seems we are getting back to our regular routine of too much to do and too little time. So, if the blogs are a little less frequent please forgive me... still plenty to tell, just less time to type.



Saturday C had a golf outing with some of the other new students here in his program. It wasn't Pebble Beach, but they had a good time in Salinas and got to see a free air show to boot. The girls and I had a fun morning of shoe shopping and a field trip to Petsmart... On Saturdays they have the obedience classes and the girls love seeing all the rambunctious puppies.



I was eyeing the bird section... No, I do not want another body to feed and care for. I overheard M's teacher this week speaking with another parent about the possibility of adding a snake to her classroom zoo. As you all know, snakes and me, not so much. Absolutely not, and oh he** NO! She did say she was concerned about finding something that doesn't have to be fed it's dinner live.... Can you say really yuck? Besides, poor Mimi, the classroom mouse, would be living in constant fear, as if daily handling by 22 kindergartners is not cause for fear enough. SO, my master plan is just a tiny bit duplicitous. I figure I can offer a bribe of providing the class with a bird and all of its necessities in lieu of said slithery creature. Here's hoping...

If this plan doesn't work, I will survive. I am actually thrilled that thanks to Ms. S, M is now requesting that I help her catch bugs... She has broadened our horizons tremendously in an amazingly short time. What more could you ask from a teacher? So, if they get a legless reptile and M wants to handle it, I will cheer (from a great distance)! However, the first time "Slimy" (I know already, they're not really) gets out, and you know with 22 kindergartners handling him, he will... I will no longer be volunteering in the classroom until he is located and put back in captivity. I do have my limits, and fishing a snake out of a cubby is WAY outside them.



Well, I am off to Bunko... don't even remember how to play... but it's adults only so I'll wing it.



Here are a couple of pics...

These first two shots show off our Halloween spirit... There's still about two more feet of unadorned space, so we may not be done yet...



This was the girls on our way to Petsmart on Saturday. A couple of keepers for sure.

Ever since M could first run we have had a family game call the "PINYA". This involves a small child running and throwing themselves at you at a full speed (and full contact...) tackle as you sit on the floor. Often this comes with no warning. You eventually develop a heightened sense of awareness anytime you choose the floor as your chair of choice! Well, M is obviously not so little anymore, and she has recruited L into the act so,

Voila...

Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Great pictures!!! We need to get decorating too.

I am with you on the 'too darn busy to write' thing. I am looking at the clock and realizing that I am k-less for about an hour and all I have accomplished is grocery shopping. Were does the time go? -K