Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break!

Who knew that a two week Spring Break could be so much work and so little.... break?
No doubt anyone who has ever had school-aged children.. Since this is my first year fitting that demographic, I must admit to being a little surprised at the amount of energy it takes to entertain a child who is used to having 22 other children, a teacher, and three (yes, 3) recesses a day to do the job. So, we have been go, go, going and I have been so tired at the end of the day that stringing together witty sentences to tell you about it seems like a LOT of effort. That being said, we'll just forget about attempting wit and show you some two week old pictures of my folks' visit. Maybe once Spring Break is nothing but a happy and hazy memory I will actually be able to blog about it....


This was a trip to the Coast Guard Pier to see...


....a wall full of seagull droppings.... No, really, look where her binoculars are aimed....
We did see this guy as well, so as always the trip was a success.




We also made our first successful trip to Pfeiffer Beach down the Big Sur Highway. We attempted this once before, but had to retreat that particular day as the circuitous route along the Pacific caused my Big Princess a small bout of car sickness....

It was worth the second effort as this is what we found.



This last shot is not an attempt to show off the beautiful scenery. This shot is to highlight our only souvenir for the day. You see that rock in the foreground? We brought that home... Because Princess L said so.... ENOUGH said....

3 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

Sounds like L will be joining forces with e as future geologists. She just ran upstairs to put more in her treasure box. Seriously, what is with kids and rocks?? Beautiful pictures, by the way.

Through my lens said...

Just got caught up. We've been in Texas for a while. Looks like the b-day celebration was a huge hit. Love the beatiful scenery. I would love an assignment there!
I still have my 350 pound childhood rock and if things go my way, it will have a place in Guam for 2 years. Good luck with it!
Glynda

slightly irregular said...

Can't wait to see my pic on your blog at all those great places. Looks like ya'll had a great time. A brought home a pocket full of rocks from a park the other day. Must be a child thing because I get NO joy out of them coming into my home. Remember those "bullets" they used to collect- well one almost had my dryer in pieces so those are banned at this point and rocks will be too if they start showing up in the laundry!

I totally agree about the spring "break". It is a break for teachers and not parents. Once they are in school it takes more to keep them happy on their off time. Brace yourself for summer!
I'll be anxoiusly awaiting words about spring break fun.