Saturday, March 29, 2008

CHIPS off the "relatively" old Blocks.....

So, I am happy to report that Princess M has requested and received her first "REAL" guitar. It took some real smooth talking on Mom's part to convince her to go for the traditional wood grain (like Daddy's) and not the Pepto Bismol Pink one with the silver plastic flame on it..... I can only take princess pink so far...... Thus far we are not attempting any real lessons, just a lot of raucous strumming and posing.... SHE has the makings of a real rocker... Style first, substance later....

So here she is in all her Bohemian glory.



Obviously, any real talent for guitar will come from her Dad. I did take several years of lessons and can still slowly pick out the basics, but as all who know me well know, I hate being second best.... Seeing as I was never even remotely in the same league, my guitar days are mostly a happy (and sometimes painful) memory.


There is one thing that both of my girls have received from both sides of the family tree... They are carrying on the tradition of being die hard UofL Cardinals fan! Tonight we face off with the Tarheels and we will be supporting the Cards in style. Chris and I are both in CARDS shirts (mine of original vintage as I am a bit superstitious) The girls are decked out in new finery delivered for Easter from Granny and Gramps. Traditionally of course all CARDS gear should be RED and BLACK, however those marketing geniuses know that little girls LOVE pink.

So be it....

3 comments:

One Crazy Adventure said...

I cannot believe how old M looks. It hasn't been that long since we left, but man, it sure feels like it.

I'm sure C will have her playing in no time... can't wait to hear it.

slightly irregular said...

M looks like a natural with her guitar. Will she earn the leather pants too? Or is she going for more of the country style?

Hope your team does well. At least, you all look good! Amazing how many pink things they make for little girls.

williams family said...

wow I cant believe how big the girls are getting. M looks very cute.